Since the launch of Understorey Magazine in 2013, we have published over 200 new and established writers and artists. We have created nine issues of the magazine, formed a partnership with Mount Saint Vincent University and received funding from the Canada Council for the Arts.
We are looking for new editorial board members to help write the future of Understorey Magazine.
We are inviting queries from all who identify as female and
- support the magazine’s mandate;
- live in Canada or are Canadian and living abroad;
- have experience in at least one aspect of running a magazine (editing, marketing, fundraising, graphic design, website design, community engagement, running a non-profit organization, working with underrepresented groups etc.);
- may be interested in a larger role within the magazine should our budget increase;
- above all, have a passion for the arts and the time to create and share ideas.
Board positions are currently volunteer. Please send us an email for more information: [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you.